Kids Medical IDs Offer Peace of Mind to CHD Parents
Being a Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) parent can be overwhelming and stressful at times. Like any other parent, we want to keep our children safe wherever they are. While it is hard to imagine that our little bundle of joy will ever be in an emergency, it is still important to be prepared for them, in the event the unexpected happens.
Having your child wear a medical ID bracelet or necklace is a simple gesture that can offer you comfort and peace of mind.
“I have had much more peace of mind knowing that my son, Joshua, who was born missing one chamber of his heart, has a medical ID bracelet” – Jodi Lemacks, National Program Director for Mended Little Hearts and longtime customer of American Medical ID.
What is a medical ID?
Medical Identification tags or medical ID for short is a piece of jewelry that could save your child’s life. It allows your child’s medical conditions, drug and food allergies, prescribed medicines and emergency contacts to be engraved onto the surface of a medical ID bracelet or necklace.
While adults usually wear stainless medical IDs, fun and colorful medical IDs are available for kids to choose from. Kids can be hesitant in wearing medical IDs but we have found that hesitation disappears when they’re fun and they can choose the design, including kids’ character medical ID bracelets.
Advantages of Wearing Kids’ Medical IDs
- More than 95% of emergency responders check for a medical ID – this allows your child to receive the precise treatment that he or she needs at exactly the right time.
- Raise awareness for people around your child – a medical ID is an effective visual reminder for other children, family members, teachers, and caregivers about your child’s medical condition and needs. It also encourages support for you and your child to uphold his or her medical safety at all times.
- Medical IDs send a serious message – while no one can be as serious and devoted as you are to your child’s health, a medical ID sends a serious message about their needs. This is especially true for people meeting your child for the first time. A medical ID alerts and reminds others easily when you cannot speak for your own child.
- Avoid minor accidents from turning into major ones – medical IDs can quickly inform emergency respondents about your child’s most important medical information. An example is if your child received a heart transplant. Aside from receiving immediate care and precise treatment, you also prevent the medical team from giving treatment that may be harmful to your child.
- Medical IDs remind your child to stay safe and know what to do in an emergency – a medical ID is an opportunity for parents to teach young children to advocate for and look after their own health. It is a simple reminder to be aware of their medical condition while enjoying activities just like other children. A medical ID should be a source of peace of mind for both parent and child.
Get 10% off Kids Medical IDs Today:
American Medical ID has partnered with Mended Little Hearts Boston to provide members with a special 10% discount on all our medical IDs. When you buy from American Medical ID, you don’t just enjoy this discount, but you also support your Mended Little Hearts chapter. For every purchase, American Medical ID will give back 10% to Mended Little Hearts Boston to support your organization’s needs. This is part of our advocacy in making more medical IDs available to the children who need them the most.
Choose a medical ID for your child with unlimited engraving and next day shipping. Please use the code MLHBOSTON at checkout to receive your 10% discount.
What is your experience in having your child wear a medical ID? Please share your tips via comments below!